Friday, November 2, 2012

Colbert-Hanks Halloween and Cloud Atlas

Every talk show host seems to have their best moments with Tom Hanks. ALWAYS.  Its even better when its your favorite talk show host.




If "non-self-centered" Tom isn't gonna "promote" himself in the new movie Cloud Atlas, then I will.  
My recommendation is...
GO SEE IT



And I did see Cloud Atlas this past weekend and I loved it.  But its one of those movies that you really should watch twice because so much is going on you often miss things the first time around.  I liked how many different genres are seen throughout the film.  It had thrills, scares, horror, laughs, love story, drama, redemption, sci-fi - you name it.  
I love a good mix. 


One of my favorite timelines was the "Sloosha's Crossin' an' Ev'rythin' After." Set in future post-apocalyptic Hawaii with Tom Hanks as Zachary the goat herder.  His tribe is under constant threat from an opposing cannibalistic tribe and has some form of schizophrenia as Hugo Weaving playing like the devil on his shoulder. This is one you definitely would need to see a second time because they twist the words by the way they talk. You learn to pick up on it but I feel like I might have missed some key dialogue.  



Another good one was "The Ghastly Ordeal of Timothy Cavendish."  This tale was hilarious as Cavendish is thrown into an old people's home and is determined to escape.  Hugo Weaving plays another fantastic side character as Nurse Noakes who is a bit like Nurse Ratchet. And he is playing a woman.  A burly, robust woman.  




I would not have wanted to be on the editing team figuring out how to connect all these different scenes together as one cohesive piece but my god they did it.  Really impressive and original. Plus it has Tom Hanks - come on, its gonna be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment