Saturday, June 25, 2011

Outing Adventure

What a long week its been.  Going to work from 8-4:30 is brutal. But the camp this week was pretty fun. I had to drive the 15 passenger van this week with 15 passengers. It was scary. What was even more nervewracking was driving that 15 passenger van with a trailer of 8 canoes behind you on windy back roads. Geez. Glad I don't have to do that very often. The canoe trip was probably my favorite day this week. Since I was in charge I got to be in a kayak and keeper of the whistle. I felt all powerful when I had to blow the whistle. But by the end of the day I realize how much pain my left arm is in.  I was hanging up the PFDs when I realized my left arm couldn't raise the hanger anymore. So I'm wrapped up for now. But its quite possible I have a stress fracture or a buckle fracture. Unfortunately its the weekend so there's nothing I can do about it till Monday. If only the kids knew how to canoe I wouldn't have had to paddle so much so hard. At one point I had to tow a canoe behind me for quite a ways because there were spiders in their boat and one of the boys had serious arachnophobia. It was pretty funny. He would NOT sit back down until that canoe was washed out.
Here's my campers at the Delaware Rock Gym in Bear. My coworkers are in the blue. We didn't get to go rock climbing. We could have paid for a day pass but we were enjoying our naps on those comfy pads too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment