Tuesday, June 7, 2011

August weather in June

Tomorrow's forecast: 97°, 70% humidity, mostly sunny.  I work from 8-4 tomorrow OUTSIDE...oh man. I'm glad we went over heat stroke in orientation today, in case I need someone to save my life. Of course my co-workers go on the canoe trip while I set up for day camp in the sweltering heat.  Speaking of which, I am now certified to be a canoe instructor from the American Red Cross for life! Training took 15 hours over 2 days. First day was in a bay (windy day and strong current made everything counter productive). But we sure were strong on Lums Pond where there was little to no current. Then we ended it all in Mckean's swimming pool. That was kinda funny. 2 of those canoes would equal the width of the pool basically. 
I really am dreading tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment