Sunday, December 11, 2011

ART Fall '11: Digital Printmaking

Here's the art from my Digital Printmaking class:
We had to use textures to create an image for our first project.  This took me about a month and a half to complete mainly because I had to keep changing things.  It started out as just a skull.  Then it became a skeleton mashed with pieces of muscle.  Then I had to create an entire skeleton and complete the missing pieces that were behind the muscle. THEN we needed a 3rd layer so I created the skin sections.  My teacher just kept changing his mind!

For the muscle, I used an image of our blinds and colored them red.

For the skin, I used an image of cork board.

For the skeleton, I used an image of shredded paper.
Since I didn't build this all at the same time, the proportions are a little weird.  This is compiled of at least 200 layers.  I would warp, change levels, and cut the images of shredded paper to create this.  Same thing for the muscle.

This is the first printed layer - 96" long.

I then printed out 2 more layers of the muscle and then the skin. I cut them out and then glued them on top.  Its hard to see, but I curled up some pieces of the muscle so you could see the cone underneath. This was taken with my phone, I'll get a better picture later.
This was the 2nd project - wallpaper.  I scanned face cards in and cut symbols out and created this design.


This was the final wallpaper.

This was the last project.  We had to create a vector based image that would be lazer cut.  So I created this bird design in Illustrator.
feathersss

I used painted matte board as material.  I glued the blue and orange pieces on top of black matte board then glued the feathers on top of that.

This was the machine. I did take a video, I'll post that later once I figure out how to get it off my phone.

Another view.


No comments:

Post a Comment